COVID-19 library updates
The Gore and Mataura libraries are closed until further notice due to the COVID-19 emergency
We encourage you to use the free Library online resources available through this website
Library WiFi is temporarily unavailable outside the libraries, a decision made by our provider, The National Library of New Zealand, so as not to encourage people to gather.
Items on loan
- Books and other items won't be overdue while the library is closed.
- You won't be fined for any items issued or renewed since 13 March. The loan date has been automatically extended.
- If you can, please hold onto the books you have and return them when the library reopens
- If you really need to return your items, the after hours returns bins are available outside the libraries
- Books you have reserved will be activated when the library reopens
- All research and advisory questions, and the interloans service, are temporarily on hold
Important websites for up-to-date information about the pandemic
Important phone numbers
- Government COVID-19 helpline 0800 779 997 (8am-1pm, 7 days a week)
- Emergency Management Southland welfare support 0800 890 127 (7am-7pm daily); email: email@example.com; Web: www.cdsouthland.nz
- Healthline 0800 358 5453 (or call your doctor)
- Need-to-talk 24/7 service - call or text 1737
- Police non-emergency 105 or website: 105.police.govt.nz
- Police/Fire/Ambulance emergency 111