Check out our great range of family resources!
Come in and visit us at Gore or Mataura Library - the libraries have amazing resources for families
- DVDs for all ages – films and documentaries
- Magazines on a wide range of subjects including health and parenting, for men, women and children
- Books for relaxing reading, for stimulation and for information
- Ask a librarian where you can find books on pregnancy, parenting, cookery for and with kids, health problems and any other topics you are interested in as you negotiate all the stages of raising your family. Or search the library catalogue for topics you are interested in.
- Children’s programmes – go to kids programmes for more information
Who next … ? : a guide to children’s authors
If children ask, “Who can I read next? Who writes like my favourite author?”, this reference book holds the answers. It lists children’s fiction writers and suggests others who write in a similar way. Four age group categories and listings by genre and themes. Ask a librarian.
||The story cure : an A-Z of books to keep kids happy, healthy and wise
From tantrums to tummy aches to teenage mood swings, there are times when a book is the best medicine. This reference book provides a selection of books to help get through some of life’s problems, illustrate life experiences, and introduce ways children may approach them or find solutions. Ask a librarian.